Our HQ renovation is progressing well. Currently we are looking at the folllowing projects:
- Replace the roof. This is currently our number 1 funding challenge.
- This autumn we need to reduce tree height on one of our boundaries.
- Make the attic usable for storage, maximising the potential of the building.
This year we have made some major improvements to the building:
- Repainted the inside and outside of the Hall, assisted by Aviva and parent volunteers
- Kitchen refurbishment with funding from the Tiffey Valley Community Action Fund.
- Replaced old hall light fittings with energy efficient ones with funding from the Dulverton Trust
In previous years we have:
- Installed new windows
- Paula Mansfield refurbished the meeting room, with help from Aviva and Jarrold
- We replaced the waste pump with the help of Pruce Newman Pipework Ltd
- Installed new heaters with a loan from the Norwich Area Scout Trust
- Various electric repairs with NRG services and Evolve Electrical
- Replaced a night-time sodium lamp with PIR operated lamps with a donation from the Campaign for the protection of Rural England
- Insulated our heating pipes with a donation from SIG insulation.
- Repaired the Altar Fires with donations and help from Crown Chicken Ltd and Rowlands Woodhouse from North Walsham
Possible future projects:
- Making the Nissen Hut suitable for air-rifle shooting
Can you help? We need people who can help fundraise, and any builders/tradesmen who can donate their time and skills.