The Wymondham HQ is managed by the Wymondham Scout and Guide Hall Management committee.
Who we are
The committee is made up of three parent volunteers fulfilling the roles of Chairman, Secretary, and Treasurer, and representatives of the Scout and Guide groups using the hall. The committee meets quarterly. We take a hands-on approach to looking after the HQ, and organise projects on an ongoing basis, mainly via email.
The committee’s current officers are: Martijn Koster (chairman), Ruth Royle (secretary), Sarah Elliot (treasurer).
Our duties are to:
- Manage the land and buildings off Kimberley Street, Wymondham (the HQ) on behalf of the 1st Wymondham Scout Group and the Wymondham District Girl Guiding
- Co-ordinate and oversee fund-raising to pay for the maintenance and upkeep of the HQ
- Prioritise and manage the expenditure of the funds
- Ensure the local Scouts and Guides have safe, well-equipped and well-maintained premises in which to meet and operate
What we do
To execute our duties, we:
- arrange for repairs and maintenance to plumbing, electrical, heating and safety systems
- maintain the fabric of the buildings
- have the Hall professionally cleaned regularly
- do ground maintenance: grass mowing, gardening and hedge cutting
- apply for external grant funding where possible
- key management
- manage this website
- collect subscriptions from Scouting and Girlguiding groups
- operate a simple accounting system for HQ finances
- organise regular meetings
Can you Help?
This HQ operates solely on volunteer efforts, without which this facility would cease to exist. Can you spend a little time to help?
Perhaps you are able to mow the grass, or take on the challenge of grant sourcing, or become part of the committee. Perhaps you have professional skills such as building trades, or are a keen DIY’er and can help with maintenance. Perhaps you’re a whiz at web sites? Any assistance would be very much appreciated; many hands make light work.
Please contact us if you want to find out more.